- 1 package Lemon Basil Pappardelle
- 2 lbs. very fresh Clams
- 2 large cloves Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 20 large sprigs Italian Parsley, leaves only, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. fresh, ripe Tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- Scrub Clams very well and soak in a bowl of cold water with a little coarse Sea Salt for 30 minutes.
- Combine Garlic and Parsley. Place Oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- When Oil is warmed, add chopped ingredients and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Cut Tomatoes into 1" pieces and add to sauce pan. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon. (If desired, run sauce through food mill for smoother consistency).*
- Bring pot of salted water to boil and add Lemon Basil Fettuccine. Cook al dente, for 6-8 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling, add Clams to sauce and simmer until they open.
- Serve Clams and sauce over hot, drained pasta.
*To make the white version, omit Tomatoes. Add the Clams to Oil with Garlic and cook until they open. Sprinkle with chopped Parsley.