- 1 package Traditional Trecce, cooked al dente (about 7-9 minutes)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 pinch Paprika
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In saucepan, melt 1/4 cup Butter over medium heat. Stir in flour to make roux.
- Add Milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in Cheeses and cook over low heat until melted and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place Trecce in large casserole dish and pour sauce over it. Stir well.
- Melt 2 tbsp. Butter in skillet over medium heat. Add Bread Crumbs and brown. Spread over Pasta and Cheese to cover and sprinkle with Paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.
- 1 lb. of Hot Habanero Fettuccine, cooked al dente in salted water (8-10 minutes)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 dried Habanero Pepper (optional)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Melt Butter with Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add Shallots, Garlic, and Habanero Pepper and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour Cream into separate saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in ingredients from skillet, along with diced Tomatoes. Mix in Flour and Black Pepper and simmer until thickened, about 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese and remove from heat.
- Allow sauce to cool for several minutes before serving over Hot Habanero Fettuccine.