- 1 package Tomato Basil Pappardelle, cooked al dente (6-8 minutes)
- 2 cups fresh Parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 cup fresh Mint
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp. fresh Oregano, leaves only
- 2 tbsp. Capers
- 3 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Eggplants, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- While Tomato Basil Pappardelle is cooking, puree relish ingredients in blender with 5 tbsp. water.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Brush sliced Eggplant with Oil and grill in large skillet (or grill outside) over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place warm pasta in large serving dish and top with Eggplant and relish.
- 1 package Cabernet Franc Pappardelle, cooked al dente (6-8 minutes)
- 1 tbsp. Olive OIl
- 3-4 lbs. Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 C. Carrots, chopped medium
- 1/2 Celery, chopped medium
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped medium
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In an 8-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp. Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Season Ribs with Salt and Pepper. Place half of Ribs in pot and cook, turning with tongs until nicely browned. Remove to platter, and add remaining Ribs to pot until all are browned.
- Pour off most of fat and add Carrots, Celery, and Onions. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the Bay Leaf, Garlic, and Oregano. Stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer Ribs back to pot. Bring to simmer, then put in oven for about 2-3 hours. Turn Ribs every 40 minutes until fork tender.
- When done, remove from oven and let sit.
- Cook Cabernet Franc Pappardelle, al dente.
- To serve, spoon cooked Ribs and vegetables over the cooked pasta. Garnish with chopped Basil and Parsley.